The Northern Nevada area encompasses both larger cities and smaller towns to choose from, depending on your interests and lifestyle. Take a look of this map to get a feel for the general area…
Although Reno is no longer the gambling capital of Nevada, gambling is very important to the local Reno/Sparks economy. The downtown corridor holds a few major casinos, while the perimeter contains the newest mega style resorts such as the Peppermill, Atlantis, and the Grand Sierra Resort. Entertainment and dining values make these establishments favorite places amongst the local population. Along with AAA Four Star Dining establishments, the casinos hold everything from pubs, night clubs, brew houses, theaters and more. Many of them offer local discounts to all of their facilities during the year.
We are very fortunate to have some of America’s top businesses in our area. Microsoft, Amazon, Intuit, IGT, and Petsmart, to name a few, all have businesses within the greater Reno area. The job market here is always looking for people who want to work full and part time.
Reno is home to the University of Nevada, one of the nation’s top public research universities, and ranked as a national Tier 1 university. We also are home to the Truckee Meadows Community College as well as Sierra Nevada College at Lake Tahoe.
I’ve broken down the major areas of interest to:
- Reno/Sparks area – Reno, Sparks, Washoe Valley, Verdi, Virginia City
- Reno/Sparks is composed of the two proper cities, with outlying niche communities nestled against them.
- Carson Valley – Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa, Dayton
- The Carson Valley is a beautiful, pastoral valley setting at the base of the Sierra Nevada range.
- Tahoe area – Incline Village, Zephyr Cove, Glenbrook, Crystal Bay, South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe is the premiere lake of the Sierra Nevadas, and has several communities that grace its shore.
- East of Reno – Fernley, Fallon, Lovelock, Wadsworth
- East of Reno has several smaller farming communities, but is also home to huge industrial areas. Amazon and PetSmart are already there, and Tesla is starting the biggest groundbreaking in the United States there!
There are other areas of Northern Nevada, of course, but we try to concentrate our interests in the above areas.